Inspirational Message

Inspirational Message

Friday, November 2, 2012

James L Bishop - Worthy Mason

PAGE 2 THE PULASKI DEMOCRAT WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 1914

RESOLUTIONS ON THE DEATH OF JAMES BISHOP
Whereas it has pleased the Grand Architect of the Universe to summon to a state of endless duration our Worthy Brother James L Bishop, we as Masons, while bowing to the submission to the inevitable decree that "The dust shall return to earth as it was, and the spirit shall return to God who gave it," deeply deplore the severance of another link from our fraternal chain, therefore be it
Resolved that we extend to the bereaved family our sincere sympathy.
Resolved that in the death of Brother Bishop Rising Light Lodge No. 637 has lost one of its oldest members, the community a model citizen, a man of strict integrity in all his relations to life,  a friend to all a foe to none.
Resolved, that as a tribute of our affection, the charter of our lodge be draped mouring and a memorial page be spread on the Lodge book of records,  a copy of the foregoing to be presented to the family of our deceased brother and a copy to the Jefferson County Journal and a copy to The Pulaski Democrat.
J. A. Coulter
W. D. Laird
O. F. Greene
Committee

THE PULASKI DEMOCRAT

PULASKI, OSWEGO COUNTY, NEW YORK, MARCH 25, 1914

James L Bishop of the Commercial House, who suffered a paralytic shock several days ago, remains in a critical condition with little hope of his recovery.  His brothers, Nathan  Bishop of Rodman and Dan of Pulaski were with him several days last week.

I have been searching for more information on this Bishop family.  My search took me to the Oswego County page hosted on rootsweb.  I found a link to the Pulaski Cemetery (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyoswego/towns/richland/pulaskicemetery.html) transcription conducted by the local DAR chapter in the 1920's.  The Bishop family is not in the list. I checked www.findagrave.com as well and did not find them listed in the Pulaski Cemetery.  I wanted to put in a request for a photo, but first I needed to create a memorial page.  Another note stated that the grave location was appreciated when making this request.  Going back to the Oswego County page, I found a link to History of Pulaski (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyoswego/towns/richland/pulaski.html) where I found two historians listed with contact information.  I sent an email to the Pulaski Historian requesting the contact information for the Pulaski Cemetery.  I stated in my email that I had the obituary for James L Bishop and that James was a Mason.  I received a quick reply that the historian had seen the tombstone of Mr. Bishop in the Pulaski Cemetery and offered to get a photo of it for me.  The Pulaski Historian is also a Mason.  I am waiting for the photo and praying that Lanette 'Nettie' Bishop is on the same tombstone or has a tombstone of her own in Pulaski Cemetery.  I have still been unable to find an obituary notice for her.  I did find a couple or articles regarding falls down stairs that she took in 1899 and again in 1909.  The last fall resulted in a broken hip.  The Bishop's had one child, a son, who had no children.  This is the end of this Bishop line and I would really like to complete the research on them.  Like all genealogists, I am relentless!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment