Inspirational Message

Inspirational Message

Monday, September 24, 2012

Amanuensis Monday - Dear Grandma and Grandpa

Company C
Headquarters and Headquarters Battalion
United States Army Training Center, Engineer
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri

15 July 1961

Dear Grandma and Grandpa

How is everything at Chester getting along.
Hope this finds you both well.
I received your card & letter today and was real glad to hear from you.
Thanks a lot for the card it was sure pretty.
Things aren't to awfully bad here.  They don't work me to hard.
I made the baseball team down here so I have been playing quiet a bit of baseball.  I have won 3 games & lost one & have releaved in several games.  Playing ball makes the time pass a lot faster.  Our team is tied for first place.
Grandpa have you caught any more big fish lately.  I hope when I get our of the Army I have a little spare time.  Then we will have to go fishing a few times.  I haven't been fishing for a long time.
We have been having pretty nice weather here so far.  It hasen't been to awful hot.
When does Billy get out of the Navy.  Mom said he was going to stay in & finish his time.
Well I guess I had better close.
Thanks again for the Birthday card & letter.

With Love
Your Grandson
Verl

No comments:

Post a Comment