Inspirational Message

Inspirational Message

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sympathy Saturday - Uncle Jerry

My Uncle Jerry was laid to rest this past week.  He was a husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather in addition to being my uncle.   His family always shared their evening meal together even after the children were grown and the grandchildren began arriving.  This is an awesome tradition!  How nice it was for him to have his family near.  I recall many years ago the Christmas celebrations at my grandparents farm in Oklahoma.  Their house was a tiny one bedroom cottage with no indoor plumbing.    These Christmas gatherings came to an end as we had outgrown the space.  Our families were separated by many miles and we didn't get together regularly.  I will always wonder how different our lives may have been if we had remained close over these many years.  His family misses him dearly.  I will always remember his quick wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment